moving is the WORST. this is a snapshot of the general state of disarray that is reigning over the Park household at the moment. even though we are taking advantage of a professional moving service for the first time ever, courtesy of hubby's new gig, there is still so much to do! organize, sort, throw away, donate... and, this is our most epic move ever, given that neither of us has ever lived in one spot for this long. the sorting process has led to accusations of packrattery (I just made that up) aka hoarding on both parties, yet strangely not accompanied by any actual action (i.e. throwing things away) to refute such claims. thankfully, my long-suffering and ever-loving mother came up this week to help with the process and took matters into her own hands, so I may never know just how much got tossed out... which is probably for the best.
to make matters worse, I was hit with what may have been the most painful 24-hour bug of 2012 yesterday, which incapacitated me during this crucial pre-move week and prevented me from spending this precious remaining time with friends. I had flashbacks to my bout with dysentery in Ecuador... it was that bad. however clearly I'm recovered enough to blog about it cheerfully, and am hoping that I'll be hale enough to weather the rest of this move.
in other, more maudlin news, I was reminded of just how blessed our family has been over this past weekend after spending time with some of our closest friends. I remember distinctly worrying when moving up here that I would never find the kind of friends I've had the privilege to have- particularly after the warm, fuzzy cocoon of Loma Linda. And yet, five years later, I'm leaving Sacramento firm in the knowledge that we've made friends for life up here... people that have enriched our lives in so many ways. ugh. so maybe what I mean to say is, saying goodbye is the WORST.
to make matters worse, I was hit with what may have been the most painful 24-hour bug of 2012 yesterday, which incapacitated me during this crucial pre-move week and prevented me from spending this precious remaining time with friends. I had flashbacks to my bout with dysentery in Ecuador... it was that bad. however clearly I'm recovered enough to blog about it cheerfully, and am hoping that I'll be hale enough to weather the rest of this move.
in other, more maudlin news, I was reminded of just how blessed our family has been over this past weekend after spending time with some of our closest friends. I remember distinctly worrying when moving up here that I would never find the kind of friends I've had the privilege to have- particularly after the warm, fuzzy cocoon of Loma Linda. And yet, five years later, I'm leaving Sacramento firm in the knowledge that we've made friends for life up here... people that have enriched our lives in so many ways. ugh. so maybe what I mean to say is, saying goodbye is the WORST.
1 comment:
I feel your pain! Packing sucks, and saying goodbye sucks more. Good luck with the move!
Post a Comment